Naturel: The ANTENNA Q+A
After we chatted with Los Angeles-based graphic artist Naturel the day before he opens his first gallery exhibition, "To Die For," at Dame Dash's Poppington gallery, we ran him through the ANTENNA Q+A. Check out his answers below, and pay special attention to No. 7. Best advice we've ever heard.
1. What was your favorite childhood cartoon and why?
I wasn't a cartoon guy. I don't know. I don't know, like, The Simpsons or something. Bart. There you go, I liked Bart.
2. When you go to the movie theater, what’s your must-have candy or popcorn situation?
My favorite candy is Skittles.
3. What’s the best TV show out right now?
Orange Is the New Black
4. Kobe or LeBron?
5. Favorite Disney Princess?
I got a daughter so this should come quick, man. [Pauses] They're all punks, man. They all suck. [Laughs]
6. When is the last time you Googled yourself, and why?
I can't tell you, and the reason why is because I don't do art for that.
7. What’s your shower routine?
Yeah, face before balls.
8. What do you think happens when you die?
I always thought you fly around the universe.
9. Tell us about your biggest heartbreak.
When Dilla dropped out of Slum Village. I know it was for health reasons, but it hurt.
10. President Obama, in one word?