Alabama Shakes’ Brittany Howard: The ANTENNA Q+A
Brittany Howard's got moxie, as they say. The guitarist and frontwoman for roots-rock outfit Alabama Shakes, Howard is known for gritty, towering vocals that defy gender. (Your parents may already know her from that song in that commercial.)
We got her alone on the first stop of The Mercedes Benz Evolution Tour — a nine-city affair — to answer our soon-to-be-classic ANTENNA Q+A.
1. What was your favorite childhood cartoon?
The Simpsons was my favorite because it came on at dinner and my entire family would sit in front of the TV and laugh together.
2. When you go to the movie theater, what's your must-have candy or popcorn situation?
I usually sneak in beers. Look out for me, Cinemagic!
3. What's the best TV show out right now?
Rick and Morty
4. Kobe or LeBron?
5. Favorite Disney Princess?
6. When is the last time you Googled yourself and why?
I don't. But I do eBay myself — just in case this all goes downhill.
7. What do you think happens when you die?
These are great questions.
8. Tell us about your biggest heartbreak?
When I found out the Georgia Bigfoot was a hoax.
9. What song do you like to sing when you’re alone in the car?
"Young Americans" by David Bowie
10. Name five things your dad taught you.
1) Not to judge others 2) How to shoot a gun 3) How to operate a 5-Speed 4) How to hustle 5) How to drive a boat