‘Furious 7’ Extended Edition Blu-ray Arriving in September With Over 90 Minutes of Bonus Materials
Here’s some good news for your friends and #family: Universal has officially announced a special extended edition of Furious 7, which will arrive in stores this September. Along with a longer version of the film, you’ll also get over 90 minutes of bonus materials. That’s enough time to drink at least three Coronas. The studio has also released a trailer to get you properly revved up for the home release.
Furious 7 will arrive on DVD, Blu-ray and VOD on September 15, although Universal has not revealed just how “extended” this version of the film will be. In addition to the extra footage, the release comes with the music video for Wiz Khalifa’s “See You Again,” which plays at the end of the film during the tribute to Paul Walker, as well as a look at the making of that incredible plane stunt.
Here’s a breakdown of the special features:
Bonus features exclusive to the Blu-ray release:
- Extended Edition
- Deleted Scenes
- The Cars of Furious: The car coordinator and his team join the cast and filmmakers for a closer look at the film’s spectacular cars.
- Flying Cars: People jump out of planes all the time, but not while sitting behind the wheel of a car. This entertaining featurette shows how the Furious 7 team pulled off this jaw-dropping sequence.
- Tower Jumps: A look at how one of the most exciting stunt sequences of the film, the Abu Dhabi tower jumps, became a reality.
- Inside the Fight: A combination of fight training footage and interviews takes viewers inside the fierce hand-to-hand fights.
- Talking Fast: Director James Wan and the cast of Furious 7 break down the movie’s most memorable moments and chat about how the Fast franchise has evolved over the years.
- “See You Again” Official Music Video: Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth
DVD and Blu-ray bonus features:
- Back to the Starting Line: Producer Neal Moritz, Chris Morgan and the cast join franchise newcomer director James Wan as they look back at how far the franchise has come bring the latest installment to life.
- Race Wars: Furious 7 brings the crew back to Race Wars, the iconic, fictional racing event from the very first film. Vin Diesel and a couple hundred friends are back for a full-throttle celebration of all things Fast with special guest-star Iggy Azalea, behind-the-scenes footage of the cars, the sweat and the girls.
- Snatch and Grab: A behind the scenes look at shooting one of the premier action sequences in the franchise’s history.
- Making of Fast & Furious Supercharged Ride
It may be a while before we see the next sequel, but in the meantime, you’ll have plenty of Fast and Furious action to keep you occupied when the Furious 7 DVD and Blu-ray hits shelves on September 15.
Check out 100 interesting movie facts you may not know!